Saturday, January 24, 2009

"Africa needs God"

A British journalist and atheist traveling to Malawi recently made some profound discoveries of what God is doing in Africa. After visiting a charity that provides water pumps to rural communities, Matthew Parris noticed the transformation brought about by their "private" Christian devotion. Although their charity was entirely secular, he realized that "missionaries, not aid money, are the solution to Africa's biggest problem."
It inspired me, renewing my flagging faith in development charities. But travelling in Malawi refreshed another belief, too: one I've been trying to banish all my life, but an observation I've been unable to avoid since my African childhood. It confounds my ideological beliefs, stubbornly refuses to fit my world view, and has embarrassed my growing belief that there is no God. READ MORE ON TIMES ONLINE...
Chuck Colson on BreakPoint comments,
Here is an atheist who gets it: Worldview matters! How you see the world, what you believe about where we come from and where we are going, will affect how you live.

When you understand that every human being is made in God’s image, and that God Himself died on a cross for sinners, people will see you ministering to prisoners. They will see you feeding the hungry and clothing the naked.

Or, like Matthew Parris, they may even witness you bringing water pumps to rural villages in Africa. They will see Christ before their eyes. READ MORE ON BREAKPOINT...

1 comment:

Willetta Les said...

Wow! Thanks for sharing the article... amazing!

the VanWoerdens in Malawi | Emmanuel International